Fees & Insurance
Fees & Insurance
At this time, Peninsula Counseling & Consulting is an “In Network” provider for the following insurance and EAP panels:
In Network Insurance Plans:
- UC Berkeley Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
- Managed Health Network (MHN) / Health Net
- Concern Health (EAP)
- Claremont Behavioral Services (EAP)
- Life Works (formerly Morneau Shepell)
- All other PPO insurances are considered “Out of Network,” which requires payment at the time of service. Fees are commensurate with professional background and experience, and are currently $220.00 per 50 minute therapeutic session. Initial appointments (Assessments) are typically scheduled for 90 minutes, at a rate of $400.00. Sessions of 75 minutes are available at a rate of $330.00, and are typically used for family counseling or EMDR. On occasion, a limited number of sliding scale appointments are available based on your ability to pay. If your financial needs cannot be accommodated, referrals to alternative providers will be suggested.
Please contact us regarding fees related to consultation, training, and clinical supervision.
Fees are due at the time of service, and can be paid by cash (exact change please), check (made payable to “Peninsula Counseling and Consulting”), or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover) for established clients by accessing the Client Portal.
If you need to cancel, in order to avoid a session fee, please contact us at least 24 hours’ prior to your scheduled appointment.
Flexible Spending Accounts can be used to help augment the cost of therapeutic services, by using pre-tax dollars towards to help pay for medical expenses. Please contact your employer for more details.
If you are requiring additional support between sessions, we can make ourselves available for brief check-ins, free of charge. However, these calls are not meant to replace the time spent in session, and if there are recurrent calls 10 minutes or longer in duration, the standard hourly rate (pro-rated) will apply.